Thursday, April 26, 2012

Love: Blog 1

Love: Artist Statement

My work often deals with words and translation. Propelling myself from previous artworks that use Braille, I have used this performance art piece as a means to work in other methods of transmitting textual information. I wanted to use Morse Code, which can be transmitted through sounds of beats with long and short signals.

This is a recorded performance in which I beat out the word "Love" or  " . _ . . _ _ _ . . . _ . " on various objects and people. The video captures five minutes of tapping out the beating twice for each object. Tapping the Morse Code over and over again creates a repetitive pattern of sound. This piece uses everyday objects and combining their collective sound to make a meditative resonance of the word "love" and perpetuating its meaning into life.

Images:



Video:

No comments:

Post a Comment