Thursday, April 26, 2012

I Am: Blog 1


I Am: Artist Statement

When going through difficult times I often look down on myself and find it hard to look at myself in the mirror. However, one of the things I learned through therapy was to use positive affirmations. I would write "I am..." statements on sticky notes and stick them to my mirror. In this project I encouraged other people to make their own positive affirmations and add them into a collective, positive statement about ourselves.

The project created a positive experience for all who were involved. The task allows each person to focus on an aspect of yourself that your are proud of and giving it a medium to share that with the world. By highlighting these parts of yourself the best of you shines through and reflects into the world. I think the importance of sharing this with the world around you is that other people can find positivity within themselves as they see you finding yours. While this project was small I believe that internally visualizing these positive affirmations, allows them to grow and spread into positivity in other people throughout the community.


Images:






















Video:

No comments:

Post a Comment