Thursday, April 12, 2012

Final Projects

Project 1:
I am....
Inspired by Candy Chang's Before I Die Project.

I wanted to create something that also involved the community to interact with and to express themselves.






When going through difficult times I often look down on myself and find it hard to look at myself in the mirror. However, one of the things I learned through therapy was to use positive affirmations. I would write "I am..." statements on sticky notes and stick them to my mirror. In this project I want to encourage other people to make their own positive affirmations and add them into a collective, positive statement about ourselves.



I want to put up a mirror and paper that says "I am___" on a wall for about a week and see the responses that are written.






Project 2:
 
Propelling myself from working with Braille as a medium as difficulty for translation I wanted to try working in other methods of transmitting textual information.

I decided to try using Morse Code which can be transmitted through sounds of beats with long and short signals.

This work will be a performance art piece. I want to beat out the word "Love" or  " . _ . . _ _ _ . . . _ . " I will make these beat sounds by tapping on myself. I will do this in a public space.






Another idea that I thought of later was to maybe incorporate this into another therapy that I use called EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) or Tapping.

No comments:

Post a Comment